Westin San Francisco Airport Hotel, Millbrae, California
* Co-Director of the Stanford Computer Industry Project and the Technology and Economic Growth Program
* Co-Editor of the RAND Journal of Economics
* Author of over fifty scholarly articles and reviews as well as the book, The Empirical Renaissance in Industrial Economics
* Author of numerous articles in scholarly and popular journals on competition, innovation, and high technology
* Author of The Relative Efficiency of Private and Public Broadcasting in Canada, Copyright Obligations for Cable Television, and other books
* Former Assistant Director for Planning, Bureau of Competition, Federal Trade Commission
* Author of articles on high technology and antitrust that have appeared in Antitrust Bulletin, Research in Law and Economics, Supreme Court Economic Review, UCLA Law Review, and other journals
* Author of articles on competition in high technology that have appeared in the Journal of Economic Perspectives, Journal of Law and Economics, and Research in Law and Economics, as well as in Upside, Wall Street Journal, Christian Science Monitor, San Francisco Chronicle.
* Former Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice
* Author of numerous articles on competition and antitrust * Author of the books, Obstacles to Trade and Competition, Predatory Pricing, and Welfare Economics
These and related issues will be discussed by a panel of distinguished economists and legal scholars at this very timely Independent Policy Forum.