About the Independent Institute
The Independent Institute is a non-profit, non-partisan, public-policy research and educational organization that shapes ideas into lasting impact through publications, conferences, and effective multi-media programs. Our mission is boldly to advance peaceful, prosperous, and free societies grounded in a commitment to human worth and dignity. Applying independent thinking to issues that matter, we create transformational ideas for todays most pressing social and economic challenges.
The Independent Institute is seeking an organized and motivated person to join our team of Development professionals, providing critical support to ensure that the Independent Institute reaches our fundraising goals.
The Development Coordinator (or Assistant) will work closely with the Associate Director of Development and Development Manager, carrying the following responsibilities.
- Process incoming donations received by check, cash, credit card, stock, and other means, and enter them into database, carefully classifying and coding gifts according to best practices in fundraising.
- Draft, print and mail timely donation acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, and other correspondence, following templates and guidelines. Coordinate with staff to ensure that follow-up is appropriately personalized and project-specific.
- Oversee maintenance of database, verifying and posting accurate data, creating new records, and updating information in donor records (contact info, affiliations, interests, etc.).
- Manage new-donor onboarding program; call donors to thank them for their gifts, conversing with them intelligently about our programs and mission.
- Conduct donor background research upon request.
- Provide administrative support, including coordinating travel; additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Readiness to support the mission and operations of the Independent Institute
- Aptitude for fundraising and donor-relations protocols
- Experience using a CRM system, plus strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with unfailing attention to detail
- Non-profit experience and appropriate educational credentials are a plus
- $48,000 $70,000, depending on experience and level of hire
To apply: Send a letter detailing your interest and fit with this role at the Independent Institute, accompanied by a resume. A short list of references is desirable. Please submit items to [email protected].