About the Independent Institute
The Independent Institute is a non-profit, non-partisan, public-policy research and educational organization that shapes ideas into lasting impact through publications, conferences, and effective multi-media programs. Our mission is to boldly advance peaceful, prosperous, and free societies that are grounded in a commitment to human worth and dignity. Applying independent thinking to issues that matter, we create transformational ideas for todays most pressing social and economic challenges.
The Social Media Manager/Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing Independents social media program, providing an exceptional experience for those who visit Independents social media sites. The Manager contributes to the development and implementation of Independents Strategic Plan and the departments operational plan. The Manager is responsible for Independents social media plan, strategy, related organic and paid campaigns, messaging, calendars, and schedules for this work.
The Social Media Manager/Coordinator employs best-in-class practices, teamwork, and continuous improvement; makes certain that the sites, contributors, and materials are properly supported; tracks and evaluates data analytics; and prepares regular updates, analysis, projections and reporting of initiatives and progress against goals, key results, and outstanding issues. Major operational responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Social media. Develops and implements effective social media campaigns to promote Independent, its mission, and its fellows, publications and events. This work includes managing a calendar of planned and actual social media campaigns; working with the chief marketing officer to provide suitable visual content and messaging; posting articles on various social media sites; updating Independents brand and image as appropriate; and monitoring posts and comments and mediating content as needed.
- Millennial/GenZ initiative. With the chief marketing officer, conducts market and data analysis and maintains a plan for an initiative focused on reaching and engaging young adults through social media platforms. Program includes developing strategies with video content such as a new season of the Love Gov series, curating and repurposing digital content to serve this audience, and perfecting online, social, and local messaging and approaches for attracting and engaging participants.
- Department support. Tracks and archives Independents social media. Provides reporting on social media results and analyzes best practices for improving results. Supports chief marketing officer in analyzing opportunities and results.
This position will be filled either as Social Media Coordinator or Social Media Manager, depending on level of prior experience. The position reports to our chief marketing officer, presently our Manager of Marketing and Sales, who establishes Performance Objectives and coordinates performance evaluations.
- A strong alignment with the ideas animating the Independent Institute
- 2+ years of experience managing social media
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Digital and social media dexterity
- Flawless writing skills and faultless organizational abilities
- Appropriate educational credentials are a plus (e.g., B.A. and/or M.A. in digital marketing, policy, economics, or the humanities)
- $54,000 $75,000, depending on experience and level of hire
Please send a letter detailing your interest in and readiness for the position and explaining your alignment with the mission of the Independent Institute. It should be accompanied by a resume, work samples, and a short list of references. Send to: [email protected].