Social Media Manager
The Independent Institute is currently seeking a social media manager to support the planning and execution of Independents social media strategies, providing an exceptional experience for those who are connected to Independents social media platforms. The Manager works directly with our Digital Communications Director and others and is responsible for Independents social media plan related to Ad campaigns, audience analysis, messaging, calendars, scheduling content. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to implement and execute projects, not just strategize.
- Develop and implement effective social media campaigns to promote Independent, its mission, fellows, publications and events to build brand awareness, audience growth, and online reputation.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Creation and curation of relevant content while tracking metrics and monitoring relevant conversations.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook photo cover, banner ads, Twitter profile, Blog posts, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and paid social Ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in community building by monitoring and responding to online reviews.
- Become an advocate for the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Manage a calendar of planned and actual social media campaigns.
- Work with the Director to plan and provide suitable visual content and messaging; posting articles on Independent social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn; updating Independents brand and image as appropriate; and monitoring posts and comments and mediating content as needed.
- Provide reporting on social media results and analyze best practices for improving results.
- Support department director in analyzing opportunities and results related to Digital Communications programs. Coordinate messaging with other departments.
- A Bachelors degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, or a related field is required.
- Two to five years of experience, specially in building paid Ad campaigns, audience analysis, budget projections.
- Solid understanding of the social media universe, including Youtube, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, and others.
- Experience writing or editing and sourcing visuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Highly collaborative yet self-sufficient
- Tech-savvy and preferably with experience in using design software like Adobe.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
Founded in 1986, Independent is a non-profit, non-partisan, scholarly research and educational organization that sponsors in-depth studies of critical social and economic issues. We publish books and a quarterly journal, produce forums about issues in the news, and increasingly offer our materials in digital and visual media. Our mission is to boldly advance peaceful, prosperous, and free societies grounded in a commitment to human worth and dignity.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume and to:
Digital Communications Director
100 Swan Way, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94621-1428