Publications Production Director
The Independent Institute is currently seeking an experienced Publications Production Director to lead our design and production department.The Director oversees staff and the overall design of Independent’s print and digital materials and works directly with other departments, authors, and outside partners to maintain the brand and produce high quality digital and print publications. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an interest in developing their skills and management experience in print, digital, and web publishing.
- Oversee the production staff and Independent’s other print and digital publications functions.
- Provide design support and guidance for print and digital assets.
- Manage the production of our books, quarterly journal, and promotional materials, ensuring content and design standards and deliverables are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 or more years of print and digital production with management experience preferably in the book publishing industry.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skillsability to manage professional staff.
- History of successful project management, creating and following multiple schedules and timelines with competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat)
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills with keen attention to details
- Familiarity with print production processes, Mac OS X applications, and MS Office (Word, Excel)
Salary DOE and benefits are provided.
Conveniently located near the Oakland Airport, the Independent Institute is an award-winning, academic, non-partisan, public policy research and educational organization. We publish books, a quarterly journal, maintain a robust website, and produce forums about issues in the news, and increasingly offer our materials in digital and visual media.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé, and samples of work to:
VP & Chief Operating Officer
No calls please