Employment Opportunities > Job Detail
The Independent Institute is currently seeking a Marketing Assistant to support the work of our Marketing & Communications Department.
The ideal candidate will have excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, as s/he assists the marketing and communications team in providing phones support and excellent customer service, sales order and inventory administration and management, data entry and database reports, filing, assistance with numerous mailings, and assisting with internal and outward facing event planning and organization.
- Answer phones (routing calls, order taking, answering customer and other inquiries)
- Process sales invoices and related payments, reconciliations, subscription renewals, ad placements for publications and events
- Enter data and produce reports from various internal databases, including those for sales, inventory, subscriptions, events, and media tracking
- Maintain permanent and electronic files for department
- Provide general administrative support to department and backup support for organization
- Assist with large mailings, especially those related to department
- Provide administrative and logistic support for on-site and off-site events including registration, marketing materials, and product sales reconciliation
- Manage book inventory levels, reporting and customer order requests
- Maintain marketing email calendar, creating and distributing emails (e.g., MailChimp) coordinate online and print advertisement, and website promotional activities
- One or more years of administrative experience and BA degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Proactive, forward-thinking problem solving skills with an ability to coordinate simultaneous projects with deadlines
- Proficient in standard computer operations (we use Mac OS), using appropriate software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook, iCal, Filemaker databases
- Understand and employ modern office procedures and methods
Conveniently located near the Oakland Airport, Independent Institute is an award-winning, academic, non-partisan, non-profit public policy research and educational organization. This is an entry-level professional position offering opportunity for growth in a pleasant, mid-size professional office with a largely young and enthusiastic team dedicated to the organization’s mission. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Qualified candidates should visit our website at http://www.independent.org and submit a copy of their resume, references and salary history to:
Director of Marketing & Communications
100 Swan Way, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94621-1428