About the Independent Institute
The Independent Institute is a non-profit, non-partisan, public-policy research and educational organization that shapes ideas into lasting impact through publications, conferences, and effective multi-media programs. Our mission is to advance boldly peaceful, prosperous, and free societies that are grounded in a commitment to human worth and dignity. Applying independent thinking to issues that matter, we create transformational ideas for todays most pressing social and economic challenges.
The Multimedia Coordinator is responsible for assisting Independents Technology Director (who is also responsible for digital quality assurance) in creating multimedia products and helping to provide other technology support services.
- Manage A/V equipment setup, recording, live streaming, editing, and uploading of video and audio of our virtual and in-person events and interviews. These events are conducted on a weekly basis.
- Administer the setup, recording, editing, and uploading of our new podcast series
- Promote our events via web postings, bulk emails, and social media
- Maintain and organize archive of Video and Audio files.
- Assist Technology director with IT support issues such as installing new software and software updates on office computers, and troubleshooting printing, networking, phone, and other IT issues.
- Assist Technology Director with routine website content updates.
- Other tasks as assigned by Technology Director.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud suite especially: Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver.
- Familiarity and expertise with audio and video equipment including USB microphones, XLR microphones, audio mixers, audio interfaces, DSLR cameras, webcams, and related software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to self-motivate, research, and learn new software, technology, and other skills independently; as well as to work collaboratively.
Please send a letter detailing your interest in and readiness for the position. It should be accompanied by a resume, ideally a digital portfolio, and a short list of references. Send to: [email protected]