Challenge of Liberty Summer Seminars
June 20–24, 2016: Santa Clara, California
July 18–22, 2016: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Each summer, the Challenge of Liberty Summer Seminars live up to their name by inspiring students to know and understand liberty. By learning the ethical and economic principles of free societies that are essential to understanding, appreciating, and preparing for real world issues, college-aged students put themselves in the driver’s seat of “The Free Life”: a life of liberty in pursuit of the good. Are you up to the challenge?
Begin The Free Life:
- Study free market economics with leading economists
- Embark upon an immersive, intellectual journey through the foundations of liberty in Western Civilization and the moral, historical, legal, and economic framework of liberty
- Join other independent-minded students from the West and around the world in open discussions on the principles and practical implications of free societies
Our five-day series of lectures, readings, films, presentations, and debates teach what moral and economic principles of liberty are, how they affect students’ lives, and how understanding them can help achieve better lives for students, their communities, and the world at large.
Informative, inspiring, and fun, each Challenge of Liberty Summer Seminars are an ideal way to:
- Stay intellectually engaged over the summer
- Bolster your personal network while creating meaningful and lasting relationships
- Build your own legacy for liberty
Do you love liberty? Join the Independent Student Network, a place for summer seminar alumni and friends to keep up to date with Independent Institute happenings, current events, cool liberty gatherings, and more!
|“The Challenge of Liberty helped me become a true believer in liberty. It was an experience that I still talk about.”
—Jenna C. Laino, Kansas
|“I’ve attended three Challenge of Liberty Seminars and I’ve learned something new each time. The seminar features some of the best speakers I’ve heard.”
—Joshua J. Tam, California
|“Attending Challenge of Liberty was an invigorating intellectual experience. This unforgettable week provided great inspiration.”
—John Kroencke, Virginia
For more information, please contact:
|Challenge of Liberty Seminars are made possible by the generous support of our donors, who have joined with us to educate students and young adults regarding the moral and economic foundations of free societies.|