Digital Production Assistant
The Independent Institute is currently seeking a Digital Production Assistant to assist us in our continued growth.
Conveniently located near the Oakland Airport, the Independent Institute is an award-winning, academic, non-partisan, public policy research and educational organization. We publish books and a quarterly journal, produce forums about issues in the news, and print newsletters and other communications for media, donors, and members to distribute through print and electronic media.
The Digital Production Assistant works directly with our Publications Director and other departments to produce high quality web content, email blasts, books, periodicals, and collateral. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated with experience in both digital and print publishing. Familiarity with economics and politics is a plus
- Website design and administration
- Provide detailed attention to high-quality, timely, consistent, and daily updating of the Institutes websites on business days: posting articles, press releases, a/v clips, and other content about Independent, its products, people, and events
- Working with the Technology Director to implement website design improvements.
- Email campaigns
- Format and send outgoing mass emails, which include our weekly eNewsletter, sales promotions, fundraising appeals, event invitations, and announcements
- Maintain up-to-date email log and statistics
- Publications design and production
- Manage production of periodicals such as our quarterly journal and quarterly newsletter
- Design and produce collateral material (digital and print) including web banners, flyers, book summaries, ads, signs, and posters, as requested from other departments
- Design covers for selected publication projects
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects and complete multiple tasks under tight deadline
- Aptitude and willingness to pro-actively learn new technologies and software
- Familiarity with print production processes a plus
- Ability to work independently and maintain good author/vendor relationships
- Proficient in Mac OS X and MS Office (Word and Excel)
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Competitive salary and benefits are provided. For more information regarding the Independent please visit our website at www.independent.org. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to:
The Independent Institute
100 Swan Way
Oakland, CA 94621-1428
No calls please
Student Internships in Acquisitions, Donor Relations, Marketing, Communications, Publications, and Research are available year-round. Applications are now being accepted for upcoming quarters.