Employment Opportunities > Job Detail
The Independent Institute seeks a Development Coordinator to build a stronger program of giving through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors. This full-time position is responsible for coordinating development office operations with individual and foundation donors and maintaining data on development programs at Independent.
- Coordinate application and reporting documents and calendars for individual donors and foundation proposals
- Support annual fund growth through donor calls and stewardship
- Demonstrate strong writing skills for compiling requests for proposals, program literature, and grant reporting documents
- Coordinate and maintain donor campaigns records and reports
- Research foundation prospects
- Maintain timely written, telephone and personal contact with prospects and donors
- Work closely with Vice President of Development, Development Manager, and staff
- Other related duties as assigned
- One to three years in not for profit development work
- Understanding of public policy and free market movement
- Highly organized with ability to effectively manage varied projects at one time
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Basic knowledge of fundraising including prospect cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations
Founded in 1986, Independent is a non-profit, non-partisan, scholarly research and educational organization that sponsors in-depth studies of critical social and economic issues. The mission of the Independent Institute is to boldly advance peaceful, prosperous, and free societies grounded in a commitment to human worth and dignity.
Conveniently located near the Oakland Airport, Independent is an award-winning, academic, non-partisan, public policy research and educational organization. We publish books and a quarterly journal, produce forums about issues in the news, and increasingly offer our materials in digital and visual media.
Candidates may send resume, cover letter and relevant writing sample to:
Susan Mangels, Independent Institute, 100 Swan Way, Oakland, CA 94621, firstname.lastname@example.org.